You can clean install Windows 11 2023 Update, also known as Windows 11 23H2, using the Media Creation Tool and Windows 11 ISO files. A clean installation is the process of starting everything with a fresh copy of Windows 11 2023 Update. This process can improve the performance of apps and the OS itself and even fix issues.
- You can perform a clean install of the Windows 11 2023 Update using the Media Creation Tool. This involves downloading the tool from Microsoft’s website, creating a bootable USB flash drive or ISO file, and following the on-screen instructions to install the operating system.
- Alternatively, you can use a bootable USB pen drive for the installation. Tools like Rufus can help create a bootable drive. The process involves booting from the USB, choosing installation preferences, formatting the drive where Windows will be installed, and following the steps to complete the setup.
- The update introduces several features, including Microsoft Copilot (similar to ChatGPT), enhancements to the Start menu, taskbar ungrouping and labels, and a new gallery feature in File Explorer. There are also improvements in system settings like Automatic Color Management for graphics.
Windows 10 2023 Update is the latest release of Windows, and it can be installed via Windows Update, but some of you might run into problems during or after installation. For example, some have reported potential issues with File Explorer and Taskbar after the update.
Thankfully, it is possible to do a clean install of Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2), removing all files and folders from your system and installing a fresh copy of Windows.
The most convenient method to perform a clean install on your system is through a bootable USB drive.
Clean install Windows 11 2023 Update using Media Creation Tool
The Media Creation tool for Windows 11 can only allow for creating a USB drive or an ISO file, which can be used for a clean install of the operating system.
To reinstall Windows 11 2023 Update using Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to the Download Windows 11 page on the Microsoft website.
- The second option is to Create Windows 11 Installation Media. Under that section, select Download now.
- Open the downloaded mediacreationtool.exe, scroll down to the end of the license, and click on Accept.
- Click on Next, choose language and edition and click on Next.
- Insert a USB Flash drive into your computer, select USB flash drive, and click on Next.Or
- Click on Next once again, and the latest version of Windows will be downloaded to the USB flash drive. You can also click the ISO file, then save the file, and open the setup.exe to do a clean install.
- Once the bootable disk has been created, click on Finish.
- Once the drive has been made, open the USB flash drive folder. Double-click on the Setup file.
- Click on Next.
- Accept the agreement.
- On the Ready to Install page, click on Install.
- The installation procedure will be initiated.
You can use the bootable USB drive to reinstall the OS. Or you can open the .ISO file and double-click setup.exe to begin in-place and clean install Windows.
Clean install Windows 11 2023 Update using bootable USB
To create a bootable pen drive, you can use the Media Creation Tool as highlighted above, or you can also use a third-party software called Rufus.
To boot Windows 11 2023 Update using the bootable, follow these steps:
- Connect the bootable USB pen drive and reboot your system (or switch ON).
- You will get the option to press the key to continue. Hit any key.
- Select the language, time and currency format, keyboard language and click on Continue.
- Click on Install now.
- When it asks for a Product key, click on I don’t have it.
- Please select the version of Windows 11 you wish to install, check the checkbox associated with I accept the license terms, and click Next.
- On the next page, select Custom: Install Windows only. This option makes sure that all data is removed from your system.
- Select the drives you wish to create and click on Next.
- Now, select Drive 0 Unallocated Space (representing C: drive) as the drive where you wish to install version 23H2 for Windows 11.
- Click Next.
- This was the process for confirming a clean install on your system. Going further, this procedure is general for Windows installation.
- Choose your country and click Yes.
- Select keyboard language and click Next.
- Type the Username for your system and click Next.
- Select Set up for personal use (assuming it isn’t a work computer) and click Next.
- Log in using your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select Create a PIN.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN and click OK.
- Select Set up as a new device and click Next.
- Choose your privacy settings, click on Next, and then on Accept for the agreement.
- Choose your customized experiences and click on Next.
- Select Don’t back up my files and click on Next. If you select the other option, the system will backup your files on Desktop, Documents, and Pictures to the OneDrive folder.
- Click Next.
- On the Microsoft 365 setup page, click No thanks. You can set it up later.
What is new in Windows 11 2023 Update?
Here are all the significant changes in Windows 11 2023 Update:
1. Microsoft Copilot
The Copilot AI option in Windows is similar to ChatGPT, though it is connected to the Internet through Bing. It is still at a very amateur stage, and many users are finding ChatGPT better.
2. Start menu
The Windows 11 2023 Update offers a thumbnail preview for the Start menu, and some files can be shared after right-clicking on them.
3. Taskbar, System Tray, and Notifications
The new version allows you to open the Volume Mixer with the shortcut CTRL+Windows+V. You can also hide the clock through settings.
Similarly, it is now possible to ungroup the taskbar and display apps with labels.
The new addition to the File Explorer is the Gallery feature, which is somewhat like the Photos app. Interestingly, if OneDrive is connected to your phone, you can scroll through its images using the Gallery feature.
Other improvements include a new graphics setting. Suppose you have sufficient graphic features on your system. In that case, you can enable the Automatic Color Management feature, which can help you save time by automatically adjusting colour settings from time to time.
The post How to clean install Windows 11 2023 Update using bootable USB appeared first on Windows Latest